Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Play Challenge - Day 13







Don't forget about Cooking with Cricut Challenge this week - stop on over and see what the different designers have cooked up for you :)

Our activity for today's challenge is to play with paint :)
If you have been with me from the beginning of this challenge you know that I found it via an amazing blog by Jamie called Hands On As We Grow.  I love all the great inspiration for playing with my kids that I find there.  Jamie is also hosting a fundraising program for the American Heart Association that I am happy to be a part of (more on this a little later).  So for today my kids and I combined the two projects.

I have been searching the web a while back for art projects to do with my kids.  
I found these marble painted leaves


ID Mommy Blog





I thought it was such a cool idea so I adapted it to make it more suitable for working with my kids.  

You will need:
  • Paint (the directions I found said acrylic but I did not have acrylic nor was I anxious to use acrylic paint with my kids so I just used the fabric and watercolor paint that I had on hand)
  • Paper
  • Shaving Cream
  • A shallow dish (we just used a plate)
  • A butter knife or scraper of some sort


 First I put the shaving cream onto the plates and then dropped blobs of paint into the cream.  With a knife (at first and then the kids just used their fingers) we marbled the paint around in the shaving cream.
 Place your paper shapes (in this case a heart) onto the paint/cream mixture and gently press down.  Pull up the image from the plate and place it somewhere to dry . . .
 What it should look like when you pull it from the paint
 Some "action" photos :)


 After letting the paper dry for about 5 to 10 minutes, use the back of a knife or a scrapper to scrape off the cream and paint . . .
 Leaving you with paper that looks like this . . .
 We made quite a few and once they are completely dry we will string them and decorate the house :)






More on the Heart Fundraiser over at Hands On While We Grow

heart project at hands on : as we grow

I am currently working on a project, created by Jamie at Hands on as We Grow , who is pulling together a “Heart Project eBook”. This collaborative project, involving more than 50 bloggers, will be a fundraiser with all proceeds going to the American Heart Association.  The Heart Project eBook will be available by making a $5 donation.
Many participating bloggers will also host giveaways in conjunction with the fundraiser to raise awareness. {Broken Treasures} will be hosting a giveaway in February.
You can also participate in this great fundraiser by submitting your own heart  project by January 25th or by donating to the American Heart Association and receiving a copy of the eBook when it becomes available in February.
For complete details on this event, visit Hands on as We Grow . 

"This craft is featured in the heart project. Find out how to get your copy of this gorgeous crafts book, which is raising fund for an important cause [here]"

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!!
Linking with all the fun linky parties here

Elizabeth
                   
Opperation Smile Fundraiser going on now
for more information check out my post here



Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I love the marble painting! I did that several years ago to make some fun paper the scrapbook with!

    Here are our past two days:
    http://jessica-createandshare.blogspot.com/2012/01/30-days-of-hands-on-play-days-12-and-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way they turned out. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What messy FUN!! I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back, if you wan to =-) I also wanted to invite you to link up at my kid oriented linky party TGIF - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties - I know my readers would love this too!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome... shaving cream....who would've thought! I hope you stop by my party and link up…
    www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up to the Manic Monday link party…it was a huge success! Make sure you check back Sunday when I feature the top 3 posts. I’ll be hosting another Manic Monday linky party this week- the theme is “Favorite Things”…details will be posted at noon. 
    -Melissa
    www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    PS- You were featured! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!
    So glad I found this post...I "sent" my own heart craft to be part of the Heart Project...after I saw the link on your post!!
    I posted a link to this on my blog...thru my pinterest board!
    Thanks,
    Jennifer @ The Craft Barn
    **I also have a GIVEAWAY going on - please stop by & enter!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...