Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hands On Play Challenge - Day 5



Do you like my new blog look?  I am thrilled that Kim from Seven Thirty Three blog designed such a beautiful blog for me!  I asked for something rustic and simple as well as something that would tie in the broken treasures theme.  She added the mosaic tiles for broken treasures and I think the whole thing came together quite nicely!  Thanks so much Kim!!  

Now for today's challenge is "family time"
You can spend time in any way you want together as a family.  It only has to be 15 minutes but it can be longer if you are having fun :)

I'm so excited that my children are getting old enough to start playing some games together.  This time we chose UNO.







My daughter won - with some help from all of us.  It was very funny.  At first she was thrilled to put cards on the pile in the table just like everyone else . . .



Then she realized she was starting to get low on cards and this became unacceptable . . .


Finally she won and after this look threw a royal fit in her chair!  Sometimes doing this challenge is not always what I expect it will be - actually most times it is not - but I'm not going to give up!



Be encouraged if you are experiencing some disappointment with this so am I.  I told my husband that it would be so much easier to do this if I did not have any children - lol ;)  Even with one I would find this easier to do but with three (and God bless you if you are doing this challenge with even more) I am really struggling.  We are having fun and my son woke up this morning and said "Hey Mom, what do you have for us to do today?"  That is a "win" in my book :) 
Elizabeth
                   
Opperation Smile Fundraiser going on now
for more information check out my post here



Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little behind but we'll get there! Here's the link to the challenge http://boobooprincesses.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-joined-my-friends-challenge-on-broken.html
    I love the green in your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my post on days 4 and 5.

    http://jessica-createandshare.blogspot.com/2012/01/30-days-of-hands-on-play-challenge-day_09.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...