Monday, December 12, 2011

Make It Monday - Star Wars

I'm so excited to be posting a regular Make It Monday and this one is so super easy, cute and affordable.  My kids had a ton of fun with this one so here goes . . .

Saw this posted on All For The Boys (love this blog) and she got it from Made By Joel
I knew we needed to do this simple craft at our home.  However, I also know that not all images on the internet are free (and I am without a printer in my home) so instead of printing off images from the web I got a dinosaur sticker book, Star Wars sticker book and Tangled sticker book from Amazon.  I wrapped the books and put it as an activity on our Advent Calendar.  Last week they opened their books and picked out their favorite images.  I cut them out and they helped me tape the paperclips to the back of the images.  This created hours of fun and they are still playing with them! 

1.  Pick out your images from whatever your source and cut them out . . .  
 2.  Fold out the paperclip and then tape one side to the image
 3.  Stand up your image for a simple and instant paper "doll"

 My daughter loved these
 but not as much as the paper clips themselves :)
 We did the same thing with the Star Wars Characters (the dinosaurs were not as big of a hit as I thought they would be - but then what can really compare with Star Wars!)

 They really enjoyed playing with these!

 Star Wars meets Rapunzel - not to worry folks they have her well protected!  ;)
  
Thanks for stopping by.  I love your comments.  If you try this I'd love to see what images your kids use - please link up a picture in your comment :)  

Don't forget about Cooking with Cricut and all the fun giveaways, free digi stamps and inspirational projects over there - why don't you stop by?

Linking with   

and Rae Gun Ramblings,BabyBerry
 




Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.

7 comments:

  1. such a fabulous little project! quick and easy and HOURS AND HOURS of fun!!!! hugs...thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and easy idea, and not just for little kids either. My eight-year-old would love this craft. I am your newest follower! Can't wait to see more. Sarah:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am so going to be making these during our Christmas break. Thank you for posting this! I am thankful to have "met" you and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so clever! I'd love you to add this to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a CUTE idea! LOVe it! I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-) I also wanted to invite you to link up to our kid-friendly TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties - I know my readers would LOVE this!! Merry Christmas,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous idea!! My daughter is obsessed with Tangled, so this would be perfect :) Would love for you to link up @ Find Your Craft Friday over on my blog... Have a great Friday!

    Emily @ BabyBerry
    http://weinzapfelbabyberry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever idea. Wish I had thought of this when my kiddos were this little. Thanks so much for linking your project to Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...