Saturday, December 10, 2011

Creating Christmas Linky Party

CREATING_CHRISTMAS_BANNER_jpg As we wrap up Creating Christmas week I hope that you have all been inspired to stop pinning and start creating! I’m excited to see what everyone has been working on. This Christmas Linky Party is no ordinary party. This is a blog hop. And what that means is that there are 18 FABULOUS bloggers that are hosting this party at their very own blog. Whether you add your project link here or at any of the other 17 co-hosts blogs, it will show up on one huge party list! Awesome! If you haven’t already, please take the time out to visit the other co-hosts and go through their Creating Christmas posts. There is some really neat projects! The Girl Creative, Que Linda Crafts, The Cottage Market, Love Lindsey, Domestic Mischief, Chicken Scratch, Love Sweet Love, Randee’s Organized Chaos, Musings of a Glamour Puss, Anastacia Knits, Southern Scraps, Modern Yet Old Fashioned, Broken Treasures, Alyssabeth’s, Domestic Deadline, Life on Walnut Street, 52 Mantels, The Glamorous Life
The Rules are SiMpLe:
  • Add a link to a project that YOU have created!
  • Visit the 2 links ahead of you and check out what they’ve got going on. Leave some comment love. Tis the season for giving after all. {wink wink}
  • HAVE FUN AND BE INSPIRED!!


Here is what I have for you today inspired by a pin on my Christmas! pinboard from Two Junk Chix Blog


I so wanted to make this wreath or the wreath from Addicted2Decorating
But when I saw the price of Styrofoam balls (even the packs of 8 at the Dollar store would have broke my budget especially because they needed to be different sizes and the packs are all the same size) I was broken hearted.  Good thing there is hope for the broken (even those broken by dashed decore dreams) and while surfing the net I stumbled across this post from Cherished Bliss

I realized I could afford this one!  And be "green" at the same time!  YAY!

So I gathered my materials . . . Here is what you will need:
Yarn ($2.29 a skein at the local craft store) - I got one in Cream, and one in Red
Twine ($0.99 at the local store - I used 1 1/2)
Styrofoam Wreath frame ($2.50 at the local store)
Brown paper bags or gift wrap left over from your son's 4th birthday party ($0)
Glue gun and glue sticks
 1.  Crumple up the gift wrap into a ball shape or
 1a. Crumple up the brown paper bag into a ball shape
 2.  Start wrapping the yarn around the ball until . . .
 2 (continued) almost there
 2 (continued) the paper is completely covered with yarn.  Do this a zillion times with the various colors.  Ok really I made five out of twine, fifteen out of red and eighteen out of white)
 3.  Glue the balls of yarn to the wreath form and then to the balls of yarn on every side as shown



 Keep going - it will get very heavy - but you are a strong woman (or man) and you can do this!
 4.  Tie with twine and hang on your door (or wall or around your neck - whatever) and you are . . .


 All finished!  And it only cost me $8.60 instead of $13 or $14 with the styrofoam balls. Now I know that is only a savings of $4.75 but for this SAHM of three it is at least one meal :) in savings!

Hope you like it as much as I do and that you'll even be inspired to try it out :)   Don't forget to stop over at Cooking with Cricut to see what giveaways and free digi stamps are there today!  Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!  I am deeply blessed by you all :)


DIY Project Party


















Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.

2 comments:

  1. I had't seen your wreath yet! Love it! I'm already following you!!! I LOVE your blog! And I'm already linked up!!! Thanks so much for your sweet note though! Made my day!!!

    Your Bloggy Friend,
    Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

    PS FUN Linky Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! So fun to be co-hosting with you and The Girl Creative!! Merry Christmas!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...