Sunday, July 31, 2011

Stamp of the Month

Today is a big day!  BIG DAY!!  I'm so excited for our launch party to celebrate the release of Close To My Heart's new idea book!  Almost as exciting is my very first Blog Hop!!  What is a Blog Hop?  I'm so glad you asked!

If you are coming here from Mary's blog then you already know what a Blog Hop is and you are at the right place.  If not then just follow the next blog at the bottom of this post and you will circle around or go to Kathleen's blog to start "hopping" there.  A Blog Hop is a place where you can view artwork and then go to another blog to view artwork with the same theme and then from there go to another and then another . . .  you get the idea.
This Blog Hop is for Close To My Heart's Stamp of the Month (SOTM).   This is a GREAT way to view over SIXTY ways to use the stamp of the month!  This month's stamp set is called "Wicked"




With a $50 purchase this month you can get this set for $5 and to celebrate the changes to the SOTM program you will also get a typeset stamp for FREE!!!



So here is my card that I created using the SOTM





To make the honey look real I used the blending pen and colored over the stamped image just at the bottom of each hexagon with sunflower ink (honey would be even better but I did not have any honey ink).  Then I went over the colored part with Liquid Glass and made a few honey "drips" as well.  These are my two favorite items from CTMH (the blending pen and the liquid glass) - I use them a lot!!

Materials Used:
Stamp of the Month
Sunflower Ink, Cranberry Ink
Cranberry Cardstock
Colonial White Cardstock
B&T paper from kit no longer available (don't know the name, used it for the bees - you can use any kind of circle patterned paper for these)
Liquid Glass
Blending Pen

Now hop on over to Karen's blog  to see what beautiful artwork she created using this month's very cool stamp of the month - happy hopping!

9 comments:

  1. Very Cute Card. Love the liquid glass embellishment! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a neat way to use this stamp set! Love the honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I LOVE the honeycomb! That's a very cute and clever card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ROCK girl!!!! Love this card, the honeycomb and little bee sooooo cool

    Peggy Lee
    (Creative Scraps)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the kind and encouraging comments ladies - they have made my week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, I just love the dripping honey!! WOW!! DARLING!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...