Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ribbons and Lace



Yesterday I posted that I found some awesome paper flower tutorials on Connie's blog.  Here is another card I made using those flower.  I also used lace so I decided to enter this one in for Heart 2 Heart instead of the other cake card that I made.  Let me tell you that the Heart to Heart challenge this week was truly a CHALLENGE for me!!  I am not a girly girl and by no means do I like make-up, dresses, pink and certainly not lace (funny that I love love love flowers?).   After trying to come up with something I liked for this challenge I found that I do kind of like lace - LOL.     


To make the flower take a white square of paper, fold in half to make a triangle.  Then fold in half to make a smaller triangle but don't make a hard fold.  Instead pinch at the bottom corner to find the center.  Take one side and fold from the center up and then do the same with the other side to make a shape like the photo above. 


Cut out a petal shape like shown


Unfolded flower looks like this


Inked with purple ink using a sponge.

The center of the flowers and larger purple flowers are made the same way you make the
centers for the black eyed susan flowers


A frew details photos




The final card!


4 comments:

  1. I like your flowers and the lace around the edge of your card was just the right touch. Thanks for playing with us @ H2H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lace around the edge as well as the paper lace. Really like your flowers. They are amazing.
    Happily Scrapbooking My Memories~S`andra V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the lace peeking out around the corners too. Thanks for joining us for the H2H doily and lace challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...