Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Challenge

I'm in need of some inspiration.  Do you ever just feel like you are going through the motions but the heart is just not there?  I'm feeling like that in almost every area of my life - including crafting.  So I did some research and found The Sweetest Thing blog challenge.  Here is this week's challenge sketch.

 


I changed a few things but the basic sketch is still visible I think.  

Some details.  I made the background paper by scoring a piece of olive cardstock.  I LOVE that Close To My Heart's cardstock has a white core.  After scoring the paper I sanded it and the raised edges revealed the white core!   
Then I stamped some flowers.  I wanted to use an outlined stamp to stitch but I didn't have a flower one so my sister came up with the idea of stamping the image, cutting it slightly smaller and then using it to mask the next stamped image making an outline.  (credit where credit is due)

 I used the piercing tools to outline my flowers.   
Stitched the flowers (sorry about my chipped nail polish - just ignore like I do and pretend I go to a nail salon on a regular basis - oh and a hair stylist - never mind)

The end result
This card is for a dear friend who is going through a difficult time.

It worked and I think I'll try this blog for more inspiration and challenges in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...