Thursday, June 30, 2011

No one is perfect

I feel the need to let you all in on a little secret.  I have to share what happens most of the time when I'm crafting with my children lest anyone think I am such a good mom to include my kids in what I love to do.  I don't want you to get the wrong idea that we always have fun together, never argue or fight, and always stay super clean!  This is not the truth.  The truth is that after almost every session someone needs a bath (most of the time it is me!) and there are often tears.  I am a perfectionist and struggle with letting my children do their own thing.  But I am learning.  God is changing me as I am teaching my kids.

Yesterday's craft session found my littlest one under our table.  After a few minutes of quietness I investigated and found this.



  Yes, at first I was quite frustrated!  This was an interruption to my day, not something I had planned.  Then I realized that SHE is my day.  Her and her brothers are my plans.  God has given them to me this day to enjoy, raise, teach, play with and even clean.  After her bath in the kitchen sink, we sat together on the floor in the kitchen.  I used some of the stamp cleaner on her hands and she giggled.  We laughed together, she walked around the room a little and then came back to me for more "cleaning" and another hug.  I did wash off my ink cases (they were covered in smoothie ink).  And yes, I was a little more than upset that she chose that color to dye her skin with - another color might have washed off easier.  Oh well.  Tomorrow is another day.  Today I'll just enjoy my kids.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...