Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Stitch In Time

I am always looking for new inspiration in parenting, devotions, marriage, life and of course crafting.  That is why I have enjoyed reading blogs so much!  There is a ton of talent out there and I have been so impressed and inspired by so many.  One of my favorites is Jeanette Lynton's blog.  She had a post about using stamped images as a stitching guide for hand stitching cards and scrapbook layouts.  You can check out her work here.

So I have been trying this for a few weeks now.  Last week I posted a layout using this idea with my kids during the summer.  I just love the way the rays of the sun pop with the stitches.  I decided to try something on a smaller scale and made some thank you cards.





I thought I would use this technique for the Heart 2 Heart challenge this week.  The challenge was to make something using this sketch.

Materials Used:
Mayberry paper
Chairs To You Stamp ("a friend")
Inks: Tulip, Sunny Yellow, Pear, Chocolate
Thread is not CTMH because I'm just starting as a consultant and don't have any of their thread yet. 

And while we are on the topic of challenges, I took the Color Q challenge and used this technique as well.




  The colors are not exact but I think they match well enough.  
Mocha Opaques
Shades of Yellow Yarn

You can achieve this look too by stamping your image first, then using the piercing tool kit, punch holes along the lines of your stamp.  Finally, with a threaded needle, stitch the holes.  A little time consuming if you are doing large stamps but super easy!  I'd love to see your projects with this technique.  Try it, take a picture and then post it in the comments.  Happy Stamping & Stitching! 




7 comments:

  1. Wow, Elizabeth - beautiful cards! I love how you made the flowers, so soft and pretty! Thanks so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card! Gotta love sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the H2H sketch this week, I adore the stitching. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching on your projects, Elizabeth - both cards are lovely. Thanks for joining us at H2H this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so pretty! Thanks for trying this week's H2H sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card for the ColourQ, Elizabeth! thanks for joining us this week for the challenge! Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for showing us this technique with your beautiful artwork on H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...