Thursday, June 9, 2011

All dressed in white . . .

This week the challenge on Heart 2 Heart was anything wedding related.  This brought back so many memories!  One of the first full albums that I scrapbooked was my own wedding album.  I couldn't find any lose photos to use from my wedding so I used a layout from wedding dress shopping with my little sister a year an a half ago.  Color Q's challenge was to use this color pallet


So here is my layout of wedding dress shopping (I was four months pregnant) with my little sister, my 2 1/2 year old boy and my 1 1/2 year old boy.  That was a day to go down in the books, literally!

Materials Used: 
Canvas Badge Buttons (I stamped directly on the canvas - LOVE these)
Inks: Sand & Chocolate
Itty Bitty Brads & Medium Brown Brads

To make the flowers in the upper left hand corner I cut out 2" scallop circles (you can use the scallop punch), sprayed the paper with water, crumple the circles and folded accordion style.  Then I unfolded the circles, pinched them at the bottom and glued them to a piece of scrap card stock.  On top of the circles I placed a cranberry paper flower and attached with a medium brown brad.  I cut out the flower from the scrap paper once it dried and attached it to my layout.  Thanks for the challenge Heart 2 Heart & Color Q!  This was a fun one!   

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bride-to-be! Your layout is also beautiful. I love this week's Colour Q palette. Thanks for sharing your layout with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Love that colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous scrapbook pages and great use of the colors! Thanks for playing at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous details on your layout, Elizabeth! Thanks for playing with us at H2H this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! Love how you incorporated the color challenge. Thanks for sharing this with us at H2H:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a lovely page and I love all your accents! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your page, Elizabeth - so awesome! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page, Elizabeth. thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout and beautiful pictures. Love the stamping and the flowers. Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layout! That must have been quite the shopping experience. Thanks for playing at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...