Friday, June 24, 2011

Paper Beads

This is AWESOME!  I am super excited about how I used the Liquid Glass to make paper beads.  Yes, paper beads!  I found this tutorial on paper beads.    

Now I rolled the paper to make the beads and used the LG to adhere the beads.  Then I painted LG all over the bead to keep make it hard.  You then roll the beads in VersaMark ink and set them with a heat gun.  So much fun and I love the way they look!







I really am excited about these.  I think next week I am going to try to make my own bag instead of cutting out the template with the cricuit and then using paper beads for the handles.  I don't have the ink and heat gun that I need yet to make them even more durable like plastic beads.  Once I get those items I'm excited to make some more beads.  These are so pretty, you can make them in whatever color paper you have on hand, you can even use magazines or newspaper and then leave them "as is" or paint them.  So many options and all of them are "green" because you are reusing paper!  Yay!

I made all these projects in a total time of 2 hours and only used four of the 24 ways (plus more I'm sure) that you can use Liquid Glass.  Pick up a bottle for yourself and have fun playing.  I'd love to see what you do with it, post some photos here or link to your blog. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like these beads! I never realized all the neat projects you can do with your products! I am looking forward to planning the workshop together soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...