Friday, August 5, 2011

Thinking of you

Did this card for Mojo Monday and a new challenge for me The Playdate Cafe.

Mojo Monday had this sketch
The Playdate Cafe had a color challenge


So I was looking for a new technique to try and stumbled across Tresa's bandanna technique video (I participated in her new products blog hop).

Here is the video

So I tried this and have made a gazillion cards using it!  I love love love it!  My favorite so far has been using the Love Life stamp set!

One view of my finished card

You can see a little better in this photo that I "popped" the pink circle flower using 3D tape
I made the green background paper using the bandanna technique.  I'll be putting up my own tutorial with pictures in the next week but for now you can view the video.  I did basically the same thing but added black.

I'm adding this to the Fun Friday Link at Little Lucy Lu blog and Get your craft on at Today's Creative Blog 

To make the bandanna paper you first stamp in the ink color of your choice, then trace the object with a white colored pencil (NOT watercolor).  Once you are finished tracing, using a sponge ink over the entire paper.  Then using white paint, paint pen or gel marker make dots on the images.  I also used black marker to trace some of the images as well.

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Great card!! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun technique! Love how your card turned out. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...