Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Remembering . . .

Welcome to midweek my friends.  Today I'm going to share with you an idea that surfaced through the devotional study I just finished by Linda Dillow.  In the chapter Trusting God With The If Onlys, Linda shares that if we are to find contentment in the midst of trial and uncertainty, we must accept our situation as being purposely allowed into our lives by a personal and loving God.  This starts by refusing to contract what she calls the If Only disease.

One way to do this is by Remembering how God has provided and blessed in the past.  "I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.  I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.  Your ways, O God, are holy.  What god is so great as our God?  You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples."  (Psalm 77: 11-14)

Close To My Heart just released a new My Creations Memory Game which is a white box with 24 chipboard pieces.  You can use this for a countdown to Christmas, mini album, memory game, etc.  I want to make a Memory Box.  


First I'll cover the box and then I'm going to stamp lines on the chipboard pieces.  I'll pretty up the box  and the squares and put the Psalm 77 on the outside.  It will be on our dinning room table and together we will write down the ways that the Lord has blessed each of us.  I plan to use the Cricut Cartridge to make some paper flowers like the ones shown on page 33 of the Autumn/Winter Idea Book.


I want to use the Dreamin Paper Pack because I think it is beautiful!  


Finally I plan to use the September Stamp of the month.  

Check back tomorrow for the Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month blog hop to see my creation.  

For now I want to close with this familiar prayer.  

"God grand me the serenity to accept that which I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference, living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting that You will make all things right . . . so that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You forever in the next." 

I will remember all you have done, Lord!  Help me to remember!  

How will you worship with your creativity today?  

Comments are always read,  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...