Monday, August 29, 2011

Make it Monday

Good Monday morning to you all!  Today we are going to make paper lanterns.  You will need patterned paper (cut to 6 x 12 and folded in half), ruler, pen, scissors, stapler (or tape) and string.  The boys and I made these for my son's birthday party.  It was easy, quick, and really fun.  They learned cutting skills and I learned patience :)

First I folded all the papers, then I measured one inch lines starting from the folded side.  It is really important that you don't cut all the way through or you will just have strips of paper.  I stopped my lines about 1/2 inch from the end.  Then I gave the boys scissors and the papers and had them cut on the lines.  Don't worry if they are not super straight (this coming from a perfectionistic Mama).  Really, it will be fine ;)!



Once the papers are cut, open them up and then join the ends to make a tube.  Staple together.  Take another piece of cardstock or paper and cut into one inch strips.  Take one strip and staple it to the lantern to make a handle.



She is cute right?  I just want to eat her up!


We made a ton (well 18 actually) because I plan to hang them around the deck for his birthday party.


Have fun!  I'll post pics of the party soon.  As always I read and so much appreciate each and every comment.  If you have a question please be sure to include your e-mail address in your comment so I can get back to you!  Have a Marvelous Monday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...