Monday, August 8, 2011

Make It Monday

Sorry for this post being later than usual today.  I was up most of the night with my oldest who is sick with the stomach bug of some sort!  Ugh, I'm not ready for that season again!  

Anyway, today's Make It Monday is pretty simple.  Get a large piece of poster board (or do this on construction paper if you don't have poster board).  You need one marker (for adult or older child to draw), crayons, a large floor space and children.  We have done two different activities with this and it can last for hours with my boys!

The first (which has lasted the longest) is Competition Coloring.  I draw a bunch of squiggles across the paper and then a line down the middle.  The boys each take a side and begin to color in the spaces with different crayons.  They see who can color the darkest, the fastest, the nicest, etc.  

The second activity we do starts in a similar way.  I draw large squiggle lines all over the board with a marker.  Then we begin to look for objects in the squiggles (ice cream cone, car, alien face, flower, balloon, spaceship, etc.) and color and draw those objects together. 





My niece and nephew were here for a good part of the week last week so we tried this with them.  The kids had a great time.  Sorry for the simple activity but there is joy in even these.  Have a great Monday!  

1 comment:

  1. Fun idea! My kids had a stomach bug this weekend too! No fun! Hope your son is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...