Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Organization is a beautiful thing



I'm so excited for this week at CSI project because the topic is organization and I could certainly use some of that!  I am totally in love with boxes, baskets, and all things organizational.  I could spend hours (and a ton of money) at places like The Container Store , Stacks and Stacks and Ikea.  One would think my infatuation with organization would mean that I am an organized person - oh how I wish!  I love to be organized, I just don't know how to stay organized.  I have great intentions . . .

Anyway, my craft area is in desperate need of help.  I have done a few things to organize and purge my crafting supplies.  But I have a long way to go.

In our past life, my preacher man and I, lived in a 200+ year old home and I loved it.  We kept some of the windows (when we had them redone) and cabinet fronts (when we redid our kitchen) and moved them with us.  My husband took one of these doors and made a shelf for me in our basement.



Underneath the shelf I strung some twine to hang my scrapbook pages while they dry and put my unfinished projects with the photos.



We don't have a ton of money so I don't shop at organizational stores, I just look-dream-and-drool.  I tried to use objects that I already have to organize my things.  Canning jars make great pen, pencil, and button holders.

 
My paper drying line.  So as I said, I have a long way to go - but this is a start.  I'm so excited to see what other organizational projects are entered at CSI project.  I'd love to see what you do in your craft room - all ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...