Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cooking with Cricut - Poinsettia

                     Welcome to
How did this happen?  How are we on day 21 already?  

So today the design team was challenged to create with poinsettia's.  So much fun and oh so easy with the Art Philosophy Cartridge from Close To My Heart :)

First a photo of my poinsettia ornament :)


Now a tutorial on how I made them . . . Got the idea from my dear friend Nickie - go check out her blog :)

1.  Using the Art Philosophy Cartridge I cut out the star flower at sizes 1 1/2 and 1 1/4 inch (3 and 2 3/4 inch for the ornament).  Then score the veins into the flowers like shown.


2.  I used my Clear Star Dust pen ( love this!) and drew over the veins to add some sparkle
3.  Put the smaller flower over top of the larger one and then add a tiny star flower cut out in green paper and inked to the center (center cut at 3/4 inch)
4.  Add to your card in whatever fashion you would like :)


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.  I'd be honored if you follow me along this creative journey we call life and I call broken but treasured :)
Merry Christmas!
Opperation Smile Fundraiser going on now
for more information check out my post here



Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.

4 comments:

  1. I love the details on your poinsettia!!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Poinsettia creations. Especially like the scoring & glitter detail of the veins on the leaves.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornament and card are awesome!!! Really like the way you added the veins and glitter to the poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elizabeth,
    I came across your link on StampTV and thought I would check out your blog ~ it's beautiful! I love the pretty poinsettia ornament. I will be back to visit often. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
    Blessings,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...