Friday, July 20, 2012

Feature A Friend {on Friday}



Today's guest is the very talented Jaclyn Miller from Designs by Jax
 


 I'm so excited that she agreed to share some tips for great card making with everyday items in your home and bless us with some of her talent!  Here is Jaclyn . . .
 
hello friends. I'm so honored to be guest posting for Elizabeth today. Many thanks to her for searching me out. Today I'm going to show you how to make this card.


I know with the downturn in the economy, it has become more and more difficult to keep this craft hobby going for some people. The products can be pricey! I'm always looking for ways to stretch my dollar and I keep my eye out for items around my home that can be incorporated into my crafting. I bet you probably have one of these stuck in your pantry.


A Styrofoam plate! It's summer and there are bound to be picnics, so I'm guessing you can dig one of these up. Take your paper plate and trim off the outside ring so it looks like this. (try not to look too closely at my yucky kitchen table)


Now you have a flat "paper" to work with. Throw away the outer ring or, if you are one of those people who doesn't like waste, you could turn it into a fun hat for your dog.


He doesn't look humored, does he? Ok, so maybe you can't make it into a hat, but it did make for a funny photo, right? And, my kids got a kick out of it.

Ok, moving on, pick out your favorite die and run it through your die-cutting machine with the Styrofoam piece. I used some hexagons, and I actually ran them through a second time with a texture folder to add that bubble look. Easy peasy and it even has a neat bit of sparkle to it.


Here's a closer look at that texture. I actually pulled out one of my very old Close To My Heart stamp sets to use on this card. I believe it was a limited time 25th anniversary edition, but it is one of my favorites. I love that text on the sentiment.

Have I piqued your interest to look around your home for items you can use in your die-cut machine? Good. Mission accomplished. Thanks again to Elizabeth for having me over today. Have a wonderful day and happy die-cutting.
Please stop on over to Designs by Jax and leave Jaclyn some love - tell her thanks for me :)  Then take some time to check out some of the amazing teams she designs for!  Happy Friday!!  Go create something inspiring and if you happen to use any of the Feature a Friend tips feel free to upload your project photos onto my facebook page - I'd love to see what you have created :)  
 
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Not only amazing, but adorably fun! What a great card!! I love the idea, never even considered it.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...