Friday, August 3, 2012

Feature a Friend {on Friday}

Welcome to the party :)  We are partying for ten days straight and today's game is taking place over on my facebook page!  Today is Feature a Friend and I am happy to introduce to you Deborah Nolan.  I found Deborah through pinterest - seriously there are a ton of talented artists over there!  I was super excited when she agreed to share her talent with us!


Hello, everyone! My name is Deborah Nolan and I was very nicely invited by Elizabeth to write a blog post for today. I'm a Christian, a wife, and the mother of a 10-year-old daughter. I'm back at my personal blog, Society of Stampaholics, after being all but AWOL after a year of being the editor and co-owner of Lily Pad Cards (a card challenge blog). I'm now attempting to restore my personal blog to its former state and am again hosting the Card Chain Challenge (a monthly card exchange where participants make a card for the person above them on the list and receive a card from the person below them on the list).

Enough about me - onto the good stuff! It seems like I've had a great need for sympathy and get well cards this year, so I thought I'd make a get well card for today and be ready for the next patient - lol!
I'm on the Memory Box design team, and I was in the first batch of Hero Arts Hostesses for their Flickr group, so I am constantly using products from these two companies - which is idiot-proof, really, as they complement one another beautifully. Today's card is a little busier than usual (for me) but I think it's good to try to stretch yourself creatively.

07-01-12-MB-HA-Get-Well
S U P P L I E S: Memory Box cardstock; Basic Grey patterned paper; Hero Arts stamps; Memory Box dies; Stickles; foam dimensional tape.

I often have trouble choosing between elements when I'm making a card - probably because I have too many supplies and tools (yes, I'm a Horder). But I've recently discovered a method that is helping me overcome this problem - which means that I am making cards more quickly, and I'm enjoying myself more because I'm not struggling with indecisiveness.

Here's what you do: cut a variety of cardstock in 3.75" x 5" and/or 4" x 5.25" panels and then stamp them with background stamps using different inks. Do this until you have about 20 different stamped panels. Then mat them and adhere them to cards. (This is how the card above was started.) They're ready to go when you need them, and you can mix and match your sentiment stamps, chipboard items and other decorative elements to whip up a card in a jiffy! The card above could easily suit almost any occasion just by switching out the sentiment. If you choose different die cuts/chipboard elements/patterned paper, you can really change it up! The important thing to me is that I'm not facing the intimidation of a blank slate - which really seems to prime my creative pump. Give it a try - I'm pretty sure you will like the results!  

Thank you, Elizabeth, for inviting me to guest host for the day. I hope to see y'all around the web. Come visit me at my blog sometime!
Have a blessed day,
001---Handwritten-signature

Thank you Deborah!  What a great tip and beautiful card!  I might just go make some stamped card panels now :)  This background reminded me of a stamp I have from the new Close To My Heart scroll workshop on the go!   Fun, fun, fun!  We are still partying so head on over to my Facebook page for a fun ABC game.  One thing you need to make stamped panels is ink - so the winner chosen at random from all who play over on facebook will get their choice of CTMH ink pad and new Idea Book :)  Hope to see you there!
 
Great party going on this week - check out the details here 

 
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...