Tuesday, June 5, 2012

SEM June Challenge



   
I'm a little late with this post but the challenge for June from Scrapping Everyday Miracles is a good one!  When I first read it I knew immediately who I was going to make a page about but unfortunately my camera has been giving me issues so I don't have actual pictures for my page yet - they will be coming however!

Here is the challenge:
We each have special friends that are just there for us, but what about those groups of people that we spend our time with through activities or church or other events? Well those are the groups we are going to celebrate for our June challenge! Maybe you have a mom's group, a scrapbooking group, church group, missions group, etc... tell us all about them and why they are so special to you. The Bible says in Matthew 18:20, "For wherever two or three are gathered in My name, there I AM in the midst of them." So even though this might be a scrapping group that you are celebrating, Jesus is still there and able to minister to any situation through a friends words or actions - that is amazing to me!

SCRAP TWIST: You must use a cluster of embellishments for our scrap twist!

Here is my page






I used the Dotty for you paper pack from Close To My Heart and made two clusters of embellishments with the flowers from that paper and from the Card Word Puzzle Stamp Set.  

The journal block reads:
"God is using groups of people to change and grow me all the time.  My family, my church, my MOPS group, CTMH sisters, and on-line blogging groups!  I am challenged by on-line classes, forums and chat groups.  However, ,no group of women has held such a special place in my heart as my "Girls Group".  Each of these sweet ladies have challenged me to look beyond myself, encouraged me when I have found myself in deep bouts of depression,  prayed for me and inspired me.  They each struggle in their own ways and yet continue to encourage the rest of us to dig deeper.  We have lost and gained members over the years but each girl holds a special place in my heart.  Jess's desire to be more than "surface friends" has challenged me to be vulnerable with my weaknesses.  Janna's joyful approach to life encourages me to look for God in all circumstances finding a much deeper joy than the giddy laugh of a school girl.  Sarah's ability to deal with the circumstances of life, turn from past mistakes and see guidance and accountability inspires me to search my own heart and turn from my wicked ways.  Shannon's physical pain brings her to her knees in prayer and has given me the gift of witnessing faith and perseverance in its truest form.  In Jen I find a woman who loves deeply not taking the gift of her son for granted for even one moment!  Kristyn's outlook on life and love for all people has challenged me to be more aware of the poor around me - to actually SEE people when I see people and not walk right on by.  I've watched Susan grow as she shares, sometimes with tears, her own struggles and allows us to help her.  I also have been very blessed by her friendship that knows no boundaries as she is always quick to lend a hand - all my girls are!  God knows how much I need each one of these ladies and I hope they know how much I love them!  I am forever grateful that in this world of islands I have found a community!"

On Friday, this challenge took on a whole new meaning for me.  I fell and have not been able to walk since.  This is particularly difficult with three young children but the pain is really intense!  I go back to the doctor again today to have some more tests done but as I am typing these women have stepped up and are helping me with my children and providing meals!  I am once again reminded how I can not do this life alone.

Do you have a special group of people you have found joy or growth in?  I can't wait to see who God is using in your life to make you into the person He wants you to be :)

So head on over to Scrapping Everyday Miracles and link up your page!
Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,
Elizabeth   


linking with these link parties

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, so sorry to hear about your fall! Your page and journaling are beautiful. I hope you get some good news from the doctor, and what a blessing your sweet friends are. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers Miriam! I really appreciate them :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...