Friday, October 12, 2012

Feature a Friend {on Friday}


Welcome back to Feature a Friend.  This week we have a very talented artist Leanne who blogs over at Our Little Family.  I found Leanne through pinterest I believe and was blown away by her beautiful artwork.  I was thrilled when she agreed to do a post.  I'm so glad she did because this project is just perfect and I love the idea!  I'm doing this with my kids for sure!!

Here is Leanne



Hi Everyone!! I am so excited to be here and to meet new friends.

Today I wanted to share with you my process of keeping those special hand-written notes safe.
I am a collector of all thing memorabilia. I will often hoard those special pieces of ephemera such as ticket stubs, school notes and pamphlets etc.. But my favourite things to keep are the little love notes, especially if they are written to me from my children.


This little letter was written when my son was five year old. He had only just started writing and putting his words together to create sentences and some of the words are undecipherable, unless you know his thought process! LOL! Of course, I realised that over time I may not be able to remember his exact thoughts at the age of five and so I’ve created a layout that not only keeps this treasure safe, but I have also included a translation.


My layouts usually have lots of layers and so it was easy for me to add the note even though it is hidden from view.

By raising the photo with foam tape, the kraft baggie, which houses the love note, sits neatly beside it.



I have tied some baker’s twine around the note itself, to prevent it from future damage when it slides in and out of its hiding place.
And if you are interested in why I was so excited to keep this hand-written letter in particular, here’s the translation below.



This will definitely be a moment shared all over again when he eventually graduates from high school!
Blog: http://www.leanneallinson.blogspot.com.au/

 
So stop on over and say "hi" to Leanne!  Thank you Leanne for this beautiful page and great idea.  My oldest is just starting to learn to write and this is going in my "to make someday" file!

Happy Friday :)
Just for fun, who's note would you keep safe in an album?  

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That was just beautiful! Thanks for the great idea. I absolutely treasure those notes from my daughter and now have a perfect way to preserve them. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really glad you enjoyed the post, stopped by and took the time to comment :) Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I have a letter written to me by my grandma when I lost a baby. She shared that she had lost 4 before having a healthy one. Grandma has been gone for almost 20 years and my healthy baby is almost 30, but seeing that letter takes me back. I should scrap it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea Kathy. I am working on a photo album of my grandfather who passed away in March and am putting several notes into the album. There is just something about having a note in that person's handwritting that just means so much! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...