Monday, September 3, 2012

SEM Challenge: My Guys

Today's main challenge over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles is "Let's Hear It For The Boys"!  I am excited about challenges like this because it is rare that we celebrate men in Today's day and age.  Sure there are men out there that deserve to get their butts kicked but there are women out there who could use a wake up call as well.  Instead of focusing on the negative all the time how about we celebrate the positive we see around us!  I for one and so proud of the men in my life and learn a lot from them.

I created this page about "My Guys" combining the Flirty (I know right for a boy? but it works!) and Dakota paper packs from Close To My Heart.


It was sad when I was searching for quotes on-line to use for this page just how many negative quotes there are out there about boys.  I did find a few good ones and wanted to share them with you . . .

One of the best things in the world to be is a boy; it requires no experience, but needs some practice to be a good one.
Charles Dudley Warner

The boy is father to the man.
Proverb

He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?

Micah 6:8



  I used our new Close To My Heart pigment inks for the letters in the title - love them!  Can't wait to use them on some other projects.

Anyway, sorry to get on my soap box there but I just have some strong opinions about boys and men.  They are not all bad - ladies!  Look for one who loves Jesus more than he loves you and you will have found a gem like no other!  "Many a man proclaims his own steadfast love but a faithful man who can find?" Proverbs 20:6  They are out there - faithful men - they are!  I have found one (rather God has brought me one) and by God's strength I'll raise two more :)

Have a blessed day - don't forget to link up your page celebrating boys this month over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!  I can not wait to see what you come up with!  


 
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. First off I want to say that I love this layout!!
    and that I am truly surprised that you found mostly negative quotes about boys?!?!
    I have only boys so most of my scrapping is about them! And I am immediately drawn to any male papers and embellishments, but however have been lucky enough it seems to never have experienced anything negative! I think I would be very upset about this too, like yourself if I had!
    Thank you for sharing your strong views, and I very much agree!!

    Great LO!
    Toni..
    http://toniherron.aussieblogs.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any boys, but I always say that raising a boy is as equally hard because it is the parents' responsibility to raise a good man! I'm blessed to have 2 girls and a great man by my side. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...