Friday, September 14, 2012

Feature a Friend {on Friday}

I am so happy to welcome you to Feature a Friend {on Friday} because I actually have a friend to feature :) 
I stumbled across the blog Clips-n-Cuts last winter and immediately fell in love!  Vicky is such a talented artist and I have been inspired by many of her creations.  When she agreed to do a guest post I was thrilled!

Vicky is a happily married mother of two living in Greece.  She is a full time Information Technology and Communications Teacher and a midnight crafter.  Her passion is cardmaking and she shared with me that she is always looking for some free time to hide away in her craft room :)  Vicky blogs over at Clips-n-Cuts sharing her cards and a weekly how-to video.  She has a YouTube channel with a ton of inspiration.  You may be most familiar with Vicky's website Inlinkz!  Yes that is right Vicky is the owner of Inlinkz, a website that provides on-line tools for bloggers, to organize challenges and link products.  So here is Vicky . . .  

Hi everyone! I am so happy to be here with you today.  Thank you Elizabeth for the honor to introduce me to your readers!
Today I decided to share with you a simple card I made using Gelatos.


I will share with you the process step by step.

To make the background I heat embossed my stamp with white embossing powder.


And then I used three shades of green gelatos to color the whole embossed cardstock.


Looks awful, doesn’t it?! LOL!
Gelatos react with water and they resist embossed areas. So you can spray with water on top to make the colors blend or use a baby wipe. I did the second and look how soft the colors turned out. Perfect for a background image.



Then I white embossed my flower twice. I will cut it out later to create two layers for dimension.



I used three shades of gelatos to color my flowers



Yeah … I know… same awful look. But now I blend it with my fingers. No water at all, cause I wanted the colors to remain vibrant.



No need to be neat. I cut out the flower so I didn’t have to stay inside the lines.



I added a button and the sentiment to put everything together.



Hope you had fun and got inspired to use different coloring techniques.
Thank you Elizabeth!

 
Thank you so much Vicky!  I can not say enough how much I love your card!  The colors just pop and I'm excited to try my own card using these techniques.  Please stop on over to Vicky's blog and thank her for a great tutorial.  If you are interested in being a guest on Feature a Friend {on Friday} please e-mail me at alwaysdeeper at hotmail dot com for more information.

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

Creatively Yours,  
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

26 comments:

  1. Vicky this card is stunning, I love the effect created by those Gelato's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used the Gelato's yet either and can't wait to try them :) Thanks for stopping by Sally and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  2. GORGEOUS card as always!!! Vicky never ceases to impress me!!! One of these days I'll get the itch to try out Gelatos! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..this is absolutely stunning...I love the colors..what a beautiful card...thanks for sharing your technique and inspiring me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwww so beautiful card Vicky thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwww so beautiful card Vicky thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Vicky too, do talented & sweet! Gorgeous card, I need to get my hands on some gelatos! I like messy application part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card & tutorial! Thanks for sharing Vicki's work with us. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Diana - I was thrilled when she agreed to do a post because I just love her work! Glad you stopped by and took time to leave a comment :)

      Delete
  8. Wow! This is such a beautiful card. Thanks for the little tutorial, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I think she can take anything and make it look great. So much fun to look at her as she works. A very talented lady that can cut even the tiniest item perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree with you more Katie :) Extremely talented indeed!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing all the steps! I have some Gelatos but can't find all the colors at our local Michael's! They are fun though - messy as you go and then lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card from Vicky. I keep forgetting to get my Gelatos out. This is inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicky, another stunning card, as always. I've never seen/tried out Gelatos, but your card is so vibrant, you make me want to check into them! Thanks~~~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card as always Vicky!! I need to get more Gelatos for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing, Vicky! You have inspired me to get my Gelatos out again (they got buried). Brilliant background for that fantastic flower - love it all to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful!!! I love all your cards and videos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you ladies for all your lovely comments and a big thank you to Elizabeth for hosting me here! It has been such a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome - the pleasure is all mine! I am so honored to have you guest post and very very grateful! You inspired me day after day :)

      Delete
  17. I love this card. I am a Vicky-a-holic, too....love her cards and videos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Vicky, after reading the above introduction about you having a full time job, plus, having time for your blog and card making, I have no excuses! I will find the time to catch up with my scrapbooking...yes, it not easy but it's feasible!!!

    You are amazing, and mega talented!!! Thanks you, Thank you, Thank you, for all you do for your follower.

    Hugs from sunny California ;o

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Elizabeth for having Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elizabeth, Thank you for introducing us to Vicky! And Vicky, thank you so much showing us step-by-step how to make the beautiful card! I just started making cards and have never heard of Gelatos. Guess a trip[ to my local Hobby Lobby is in order! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily Anne I had to laugh when I read this because as I was preparing the post I had never heard of Gelatos either and did a google search. My first thought was I need to get some of those and my second thought was great another crafting product that I "need" :) You are very welcome it has been a pleasure to have Vicky and I'm so glad you stopped by and took the time to comment :)

      Delete
  21. wow that is fabulous, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...