Thursday, May 19, 2011

You & Me

I can not explain in words how much I love this kit.  I love the paper choices.  I love the vintage look.  I love the stamp set.  I love that you can use it for both feminine and masculine layouts.  I love, love, love this You and Me Kit.  I also love the song by the Turtles which was in the singing card that my hubby gave me for Valentine's Day but I digress.  So the first thing I did with the stamp set was two sets of cards for my son's preschool teachers.  I got the idea from Lisa Stenz and I love her blog.  She references Valerie for the box idea. I used the basic template but adjusted it slightly.   For the Box I took a 12x12 piece of cardstock and pasted it to a 12x12 piece of patterned paper from the Mayberry papers.  I found that just one piece of patterned paper was not sturdy enough of a box for my liking.  Then I cut the paper down to 8 1/2 x 12 .  I scored at 1" and 2" on both sides and the top of the paper.  The bottom of the paper I scored at 2" and 3" then I folded and cut to come up with this.
 
  Then using the You & Me stamp set I made a set of six cards and lined envelopes following Lisa's tutorial.

                                 ( I used the Bohemian Alphabet Stamp to make this monogram card)
These were super easy and so much fun to make.  I'm offering a class on Monday, June 6th at 7:00pm.  You will learn how to make the box, line your envelopes with patterned paper, and use the You & Me stamp set (from the May National Scrapbooking Month Kit) to make clean and simple Thank You cards.  The cost for this class will be $10 or $5 with a $25 order.  Because the kit is only available in May if you order the kit this month the class will be free for you.

Contact me for more information, questions or to order a kit.  I'm super excited about teaching some of the techniques I've learned and hope you will join me.  Please contact me no later than May 27th if you are interested in joining the class or ordering a kit.

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea...I wish I could come to your classes. I hope you don't mind if I "steel" this idea for gifts. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I don't mind. That is why I am posting it. Have fun! I loved making these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made the box...I love it! I will send a picture (at some point!) Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I can't wait to see it. Post a link on here when you post the picture so I can check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...