Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Reader - Studio J digital love

The more I use this program the more I love it!  Here is one of the newest creations I made over the weekend :)  My oldest is READING!  I'm so excited and proud of him - it is a bittersweet feeling because he is growing up but I love watching and listening to him read :)


  
Do you want to try it for yourself?  It's FREE!
Go to my website here
Set up a FREE account or just play as a guest
All layouts are $5 right now and include 2 pages :) 
My special runs to March 15th - Buy two layouts get one free!  
Have fun and come back soon to see some of the other layouts I created.  
This layout is a little more involved and time consuming than most because I wanted it to look a certain way - to recreate this look see the tutorial below.  
Tutorial and Details for this layout:
  • Select Scholastic Paper Pack
  • Select Kit Mix Card Trick
  • Delete all embellishments (buttons, ribbon etc.), delete photo well on the right page (second photo well from the left) 
  • Text - Journaling area - create box large enough to cover entire 12x12 page on both pages, put canvas grain paper into journal areas, edit text and hit space bar, right click on box and keep moving backward until all photo wells appear
  • Text - Journaling area - create strips of box for the red paper on both top and bottom of both pages, edit text, hit space bar, change to red card stock
  • Text - Journaling area - create box larger than first photo well on right page, fill with white card stock move backward to create polaroid look
  • My Stickease - Tags - Fourth tag on the top row - drag to next to first photo well on right page and right click select move backward until it is behind your photo well - size to liking - add other tags and quotes as desired
  • Place same photo at 130 scale in last two photo wells on the right page - line up to match
  • Embellishments - Stitching - add stitching in Outdoor Denim to top of photo rows on right page
  • Add Tags (under My Stickease), Stitched circles (under embellishments - stitching), brads (under embellishments - metals), buttons (under embellishments - buttons), and books (under My Stickease) where desired re-sizing as necessary.  To take the stickease across both pages just copy and paste - then line up to match opposite page
  • To create journal area on the right page go to Text - Journaling area - create box size that you want - edit text - type journaling - select set background paper to velum and place on page where you want - rotating as desired.  Add staples found under Embellishments - Metals - Staple
  • To create Title you will need several title and journal blocks.  I have a different box for each line so I could size, color and place them where I wanted.

Have fun and feel free to share your links to your creations here or on my facebook page :)  I'd love to see what you come up with!  

New To Scrapbooking?  Want to give a gift to someone who is just getting started?
Customize your own Close To My Heart starter kit for only $35!


 
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you, my oldest is reading too! It makes me tear up when she reads a book to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really it is such an awesome feeling as a mom - I thought we would never get there :) Thanks for stopping by Jessica it has been awhile since we chatted :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...