Monday, November 21, 2011

Make it Monday Thanksgiving

I'm anxious to start showing you some great fun crafts for Christmas with your kids but I want to enjoy this one last week of Thanksgiving so we will do another Thanksgiving project for Make It Monday.

Last Year I made these super simple Thanksgiving vests for the kids using a plain white t-shirt and fabric paints.  First I took the shirt and cut it up the front right through the middle.  On the back of the shirt we wrote Happy Thanksgiving, their name, the year and then traced their hands all with pencil.


Then I traced over the pencil writing with fabric paint and filled in the hands to look like turkeys :)



In the front I made "X" all the way down each side of the vest and then using scissors fringed the sleeves and the bottom of the vest.


Tomorrow we are having a Harvest party with our friends complete with games, crafts and lunch here at our house.  Stay tuned this week for a post on all the fun things we did to celebrate this holiday - kid friendly/family style :)

Have a great Monday!

Linking with Creative Me Monday, Lines Across My Face,

For more information about my 11/11/11 SALE and 3-day Thanksgiving Sale see post here.

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...