Friday, September 23, 2011

"Snow" I can get used to


I know many of you probably are not lovers of snow.  I have to confess there is something about being snowed in that I just love!  I have fond memories as a child of playing in the snow and drinking hot cocoa with my Mama and sisters, or reading a good book curled up on the sofa with a warm blanket and hot cup of tea during a snowstorm.  Even now I look forward to the snow with my kids - even if it does take longer to get them dressed then it does for them to play in the snow.  

Anyway, remember the Christmas card I showed you yesterday?  Here is another photo to remind you. 


I just discovered the coolest product that made the snow along the bottom of the card.  It is called Liquid Applique.  It comes in a bottle and works like glue.  With the fine tip it is easy to follow along lines, put snow on trees and fill in stamped images.  Here I stamped the winter scene and house from the Snow Days stamp set, colored them in with watercolor pencils and then applied the applique to the roof, windowsills, and bridge.
 Here is a photo my mom would be proud of - no chipped nail polish Mom! ;)

 You can see the applique is wet here.  They recommend you wait a few hours or overnight for the applique to set before heating it but I did not and it still turned out fine.

 A photo of the heat gun and you can see how it is starting to puff and look like snow on the windowsills and the bottom of the roof.  I have tried using heat guns before for embossing and did not like how they burned and melted my photos or curled up my papers.  I have to say I love the Craft Heater from Close To My Heart because I have not had that happen at all since I have used it!  I guess it does matter what kind of tools you have to work with.
 Here in this photo you can see the finished image.  I just love this stuff!!

And a photo of the finished scrapbook page, now I just have to add photos of my kids playing in the snow :)

Thanks for looking!  Don't forget about the Studio J giveaway that ends tonight at midnight!  Details on how to win are in the post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...