Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Autumn Cricut Projects

Yesterday I posted about my autumn wreath and today I tried to make a pumpkin that I saw on girlpluspaper blog that I thought was really cute.
Indulge me won't you as I share a little about both with you :)  First a look at my "work space".  I cut out, inked and rolled all the flowers at my computer desk.  See due to flooding with the two hurricanes we have had our family is now living only on the 2nd level of our house and so my craft area is now also my kids play area, our living room, office, home school area and family living space!  My only source of relief is know that it will not be like this forever - pray for me as I continue to lose things (and my mind :) ).  Now this was actually a "date night" or "bonding time" with my husband.

 See, there he is playing a video game, while the empty seat next to him is my seat.  I rolled flowers and assembled the wreath while he played :)  This is a great date night because we are both doing what we enjoy doing but (let me in on a little secret) men talk more when they are side by side with you and not staring at you from across a table.  I learned a lot about my husband that night.  The conversation may have been a little one sided but he did share some things with me in between games ;)
 And one more time the finished project.  I used the Art Philosophy cartridge by Close To My Heart for the entire wreath (minus the Styrofoam form, ribbon and pins).
Finally I want to share with you a pumpkin I made for the "Cooking with Cricut" challenge.  Using the yellow patterned paper from Elemental I cut out six 3 1/2 inch scalloped lacy circles (this is using the shift decorative feature of the circle2/tree1 button).  I used olive green cardstock for the top (cut out a 3 1/2 inch flower7 button) and the 2" leaf (cut out from the leaf4 button).  Finally, I used paper from the Dreamin paper pack to cut a 1" rectangle (from the rectangle2 button) and rolled it up to make the stem.

 I put the pumpkin over top of an electric tea-light and a few of these lined up on a table with leaves would look so cute for Thanksgiving or just a Harvest Party.
Thanks for looking and don't forget about my giveaways this month.  Two Free stamp sets (information here) and a 3 month membership to Studio J (information here).  One last very helpful thing!  I just discovered Above Rubies Studio and they have a FREE Cricut cutting guide as well as some really helpful dvd tutorials.  This has helped to save me a ton of paper.  Check it out by selecting the button on the left side of my blog ABOVE RUBIES STUDIO.

Visit thecsiproject.com
Linking up with Craftaholic blog , and the CSI Project.

8 comments:

  1. Hi!! I just wanted to say that I enjoy your blog so much-- you have a great gift for writing! The wreath and pumpkin are gorgeous too! Hope you enjoyed your date with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pumpkin! i'm featuring it tomorrow on craftaholics anonymous! thanks for joining the Fall Frenzy party!
    happy crafting,
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wreath! And I love your lacey pumpkin -- great idea to put it over an eletric tealight; I bet it throws cool shadows! Thanks for linking up to Cooking With Cricut this week!

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful projects...truly talented! I am so sorry for your flooding issues. The date night sounds like it was a success and certainly looks like it based on your finished projects...lol! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CookingWithCricut.com

    Melin
    Blog: CookingWithCricut.com
    Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pumpkin! it's nice to see a pretty feminine twist to fall.~ Merrilee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love both of your projects! I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andrea! I appreciate it and so glad to have the follow. Thank you for taking the time to comment :) I have checked out your blog and returned the favor! Happy crafting!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...