Friday, September 30, 2011

October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Well it is that time again!  The beginning of another month which brings us to Close To My Heart's stamp of the month (SOTM) blog hop!  If you are coming from Lisa's blog Stamp Happy then you are at the right place.  For the complete list of blogs you can go to Helen's blog Hooked on Stamping.   

I'm so excited about this SOTM - it is one of my favorite stamp sets!!  Allow me a quick moment to refresh your memory about this program.   This set is only available for the month of October.  You can purchase it outright for $17.95 or get it for $5 with a $50 purchase.  Contact me if you are interested in placing an order or shop on my website here.  



I made a bunch of projects with this stamp set but I'm going to show my favorite.  I made some paper "dolls" and a winter scene for my boys' Christmas stockings.  I got the idea from There She Goes Clear Stamps Blog.  Giving credit where credit is due.   



Now for the tutorial.  For the "dolls" I stamped three of each of the animals from the Bundled Buddies stamp set (one I colored and one uncolored for each of my boys).  Then I cut them out with an arched bottom.  I cut out 1 1/4 inch circles with the cricut (a circle punch would be great for this but I don't have one - yet), cut them in half and cut a small slit in the arch part.  Then I cut a small slit in the bottom of each animal to make a sort of "stand".  


The animals were colored in with CTMH's water-colored pencils.




I covered a flap of cardboard from a CTMH box with Wonderland paper.  Then I made a "snow hill" with white paper and glued it to the base.  Finally, using the October SOTM, I stamped and cut out trees and a sled. 


The sled was pasted on just the edges leaving an open space for the animals to "ride" if they got tired :)


That is it.  Here are two more cards I've made with this set and I just keep wanting to create more :)



Thanks for stopping by, comments are read and appreciated - making this stay at home Mama's day!  Now hop on over to the talented  Traci at ScrapiTraci to see what gorgeous project she made using this fabulous stamp set!! 

Want to join me for some fun creative time away?  Check out my Creative Club Information post here.



9 comments:

  1. All your little critters are adorable. That's great that they can ride in the sleigh too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your winter scene is adorable, and the cards are great. Each item has a different feel, which really shows the versatility of the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards, but that scene is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous, fun project! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great imagination! Love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow all the projects are awesome but those paper dolls/bundled buddies take the cake! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - what a FUN scene! The Bundled Buddies are one of my favorites :-) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...