Saturday, November 9, 2013

Joyful Stars Team November Blog Hop

Welcome to the November Joyful Stars Blog Hop :)  We are doing Holiday/Christmas theme this month.   If you are coming from Cindy's blog you are in the right place :)  

I saw some shaker cards on pinterest and my favorite card making blogs and thought I would give them a try.  I could not find my glitter so I used embossing powder, 3D foam tape, a chipboard frame and our page protectors to create this card.  


While it worked well I think there are a few adjustments I will make when recreating this card.  First I will use glitter because the embossing powder is just a little too fine.  Secondly I'm going to use Liquid Glass to make sure the adhesive is down and will not move.  I got this idea from Betty while we were cropping together today - thanks Betty :)  As it is now when I shake the card and the powder settles a little bit comes out between the cracks of the foam tape.


I used some Sparkle & Shine paper scraps and the Christmas Gift Tag & Bag gift set stamp set for this card.


You can see here in the photo that a little movement makes the card "snow".  And then when it settles it looks like there is snow on the mistletoe, birds and paper "hills".


Thanks so much for stopping by :)  Have a fabulous weekend!  
Your next stop is my friend Betty
Happy Hopping!
Elizabeth


10 comments:

  1. Cute card Elizabeth!!! Liquid glass solves all problems! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love birds under the mistletoe - so cute! Thanks for sharing what works best in a shaker card. Can't wait to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, this card is gorgeous. Love the colors you used, those sweet little birds and the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting to love this stamp set, great card, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable card. This would make a great December anniversary card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful card! I love the whimsy of the birds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! Love your idea. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great tidbits on making a shaker card. I love the design of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love shaker cards! This is lovely! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...