Friday, June 29, 2012

Feature a Friend {on Friday}





Welcome back to Feature a Friend {on Friday}.  Today's guest is Danee from It's Raining JellyBeans blog
with a fabulous July 4th project for us all :)






Hi, I'm Danée from It's Raining JellyBeans .  My blog is filled with my favorite craft and home decor projects.  While I dabble in all sorts of crafts, you will find I usually create paper crafts or mixed media items.  My weakness is sparkles so I tend to add rhinestones, Swarovski crystals, and/or glitter to everything I create.  
With the 4th of July right around the corner I created some patriotic home decor .  You will find more projects at It's Raining JellyBeans including more about the completed Patriotic garland.
 Right now I am in love with rosettes and prize ribbons of any kind. They look terrific strung together to make a garland.   The inspiration for this garland is the red, white and blue Air Mail Divine Twine that I bought from Whisker Graphics.   As soon as I saw the Twine I knew I had to make a red, white and blue garland. 
For this garland I made 8 prize ribbons.  You can make 8 different prize ribbons or stick to one design and make 8 copies.  I used Tim Holtz Alterations Rosette and Mini Rosette dies but you can use a scoring tool or if you are careful you can just fan fold the paper.   The rosette die is fabulous but sometimes it leaves the score lines very fragile and they tear easily.  Tim Holtz recommends using Tissue Tape on the BACK of the die cut to help keep the score lines from ripping though.
While I thought the idea was great, I decided to use the Washi or Tissue Tape as a design element and keep it on the FRONT of the die. 
 Sometimes it doesn't show by the time I add the embellishments but other times it really adds a fun look to the rosette.
Here you can see (from left to right) the red and light blue polka dot paper with a blue and white striped Washi; red paper with blue and white polka dot Washi; and blue and white striped paper and red and white striped Washi.
To decorate each rosette I add glitter, rhinestones, tinsel, and/or pearls.  Really anything goes; use your imagination.  To add even more detail use a hole punch for an eyelet effect or an edge punch for even more design.
I hot glued the prize ribbons to the Twine then I used a 2-inch circle punch and scrap paper to punch 8 circles that were then hot glued over the back of each rosette. Happy 4th of July! Laters Baby…. Danée.  

Thanks so much Danee.  Stop on over to her blog and say "hi".  Have a Happy 4th everyone!  If you are interested in doing a guest post for Feature a Friend please e-mail me at alwaysdeeper at hotmail dot com.  Happy Friday!!



    
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...