If you are a blogger and would like to participate, please read through the details below and email me with your interest at alwaysdeeper(at)hotmail.com or request to join our Smile-A-Thon facebook page group .
March 1st is Share A Smile Day and we are going to celebrate the whole month of March with (hopefully) hundreds of shared smiles!
What is the collaborative project:
A collaborative effort on the part of
bloggers to collect
and raise money for Operation Smile
How to participate:
- Any blogger that wants to participate by promoting the project, collecting smileys and uploading them onto the Spontaneous Smiley website please e-mail me at alwaysdeeper (at) hotmail.com and/or join our facebook group
- All photos uploaded onto Spontaneous Smiley website must include "Elizabeth Sent Me" in the "Who Are You?" field
- All bloggers are encouraged (but not required) to print off a sponsor form here and collect sponsors for the smiley photos that they take
- Please encourage your readers to collect their own photos and maybe even print off a sponsor sheet
- Deadline for notifying me of participation in order to be put on the list of participating bloggers is March 15th.
***It only costs $240 to change one child's life - one operation - once child - one new Smile! My dream to raise enough money to give FIVE children a smile - that means a goal of $1200**
How the fundraiser will work:
You can take part in any of these additional fundraisers. This is completely optional but the more the merrier though!
Individual Projects to giveaway:
- Each of you can elect to host a giveaway on your site, with the option to donate to Operation Smile.
- It can be a copy of Ruth's book (that you purchase and giveaway).
- It can also be something related to the share a smile project.
- It can even be a collection of your own smiles taken :)
- Start the giveaways on March 17th. I would like to do at least one per day [depends on how many of you opt to do this].
Giveaway & Discount:
- Ruth will donate one signed book to be given to the person who collects the Most Smileys
- Ruth will donate one signed book to be given to the person who raises the Most Money for Operation Smile (through your smile-a-thon sponsor sheets).
- Ruth is offering 30% discount on her book to everyone who collects more than ten smileys and uploads them onto the Spontaneous Smiley website.
- If you are participating, I would like to ask you to promote the Share A Smile project when we go live on March 17th or even leading up to that date until the end of March.
- All blogs that are participating will be listed on our March 17th post.
- Promote Operation Smile, Spontaneous Smiley, and our Share a Smile project in any way you can - do you blog about your kids? Create a kid friendly smile project and share about Project Share a Smile. Do you blog about cooking? Why not put together a smile theme recipe and share about Project Share a Smile? Do you blog about your paper crafting? I do too! I'm planning on doing some smile themed cards and posting some of my layouts about the smiles my kids share each day and then promote the Share A Smile Project.
- All giveaways will be cross-linked/promoted with a linky party.
Please let me know which levels of participation you will take part in:
- Collecting and uploading Spontaneous Smileys onto the Spontaneous Smiley website (with "Elizabeth Sent Me" in the who are you section)
- Printing off the sponsor sheet here and collecting sponsors for the spontaneous smileys you collect.
- Hosting a giveaway of their project with the option to donate to Operation Smile as an entry.
- Mentioning the 'big' giveaways of the Ruth's books which I'll host on my blog.
I am excited to have you join us on this adventure of sharing smiles with children around the world and look forward to hearing from you :)
|Opperation Smile Fundraiser going on now|
for more information check out my post here